Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Friday, November 26, 2010

year end function

Tonight is our year end function.

I dread these yearly events, I really do.

Firstly, I find the entire thing to be a façade. Everyone is happy and smiling and laughing – you hear things like “oh Lee, you look gorgeous in that dress” or “Mathew! Look at you all dressed up in a suit this evening. Smashing!” Although, the minute backs are turned its more like “omg. How short is Lee’s dress? If it was any shorter it would be a scarf!” or “Matt looks like a small fat penguin in that suit. What was he thinking?”

I just find it all too fake because on Monday morning the usual bitchiness and backstabbing will resume.

So anyway – I will get over it and I will try embrace the festivities. The theme for the evening is smart, jazzy etc – etc… and it is being held at a fancy schmancy Hotel here on Durbans beachfront… should be pretty.

I am wearing :



and...



and...



and...



I just hope I dont end up looking like poor Matt, a small fat penguin in a suit.

4 comments:

Marphyllis said...

Hehe, Woz, You never cease to entertain and bring a smile to my face.
Ours is also tonight, 1920's dress up or something......I also hope I dont look like Matt..hehe
Enjoy

Anonymous said...

I find it best to drink b4 the event, during the event and after the event:)

cheers

Ang! said...

Hey Woz. You really don't like this time of year huh. I'd go with David's advice...quaff, quaff and then quaff some more!

wozzel said...

eish... and that is exactly what i did... what WILL monday hold for me back in the office? I'm too afraid to ask... *cue eerie music*