Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

a random note

I was asked this weekend, which of the “weird and wonderfuls” I own and have lying around at home I name my most favourite “worldly” possession. In an ideal world we don’t have favourite worldly possessions or we shouldn’t have, some would say. I’m tempted to agree, but I do have one, so I won’t.

I did not even have to think about it. Not for a second. It would have to be my guitar. Finished and klaar! My “old faithful”

I’ve had a few over the years, but things happen and I’m left with one.

This particular one I bought in a drunken stupor the night my friend B and I decided retail therapy was in order. Her boyfriend had broken up with her; my boyfriend had broken up with me, on the same night nogal. Kak situation. So we headed off to Gateway to do some shopping and drink cocktails at Primi. (we’re talking exes here. not current)

That evening I came home with;
* A guitar
* A T-shirt from lady & the punk
* A giant "I LOVE MAYO" sticker (?) (I dunno why)
* A rainbow badge that says "I can’t even think straight"
* A pair of "Reefs"
* A jacket
* A nipple ring (that I did take out! I mean, how stupid was that?)
* A blood alcohol level equivalent to that that could kill a small human.

I love my guitar so much. It has been there for me through sad times :-(
And happy times :-)

ANGRY TIMES --- Grrr! (I don’t know how to draw an angry face)

When I am (or when I think I am) in love. And when I’m not.

My guitar has helped me interpret good moods, bad moods, moments of “Uh?”And those of “Eh?!”

An “Uh?” or “Eh?!” face looks like this ::d(-_-)b::

And I know that when I’ve have had a lousy day, that when I get home I will pick up my guitar and just play. I’ll add random words to songs and laugh, sometimes I cry. Sometimes I just listen to the sounds I’m creating. I can sit in the dark for hours just strumming along, humming along, now and again, I will even sing along (coz singing aint something I do much of)

I would be very sad if someone took it away from me.

3 comments:

Nik_TheGreek said...

Kaka situation indeed...
(You see? My Afrikaans is improving. I'm learning the useful words).
At least you're lucky you didn't do a stupid tattoo and you only got a nipple ring which can be easily removed... Imagine what could have happened!

AJohnP said...

I've always wanted to learn how to play the guitar....

Anonymous said...

I understand this very much. I have three guitars, but old blue(because she is blue) is and always will be my fav....

brilliant;)