Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Friday, October 29, 2010

in my family portrait, we look fairly weird!

Dexter caught a fish out of the pond last night. I was sitting on the patio having a ciggie, sipping on wine, puffing away at a joint: multi-tasking, when I noticed him creeping up toward the water on the stone edging – then doing some sort of acrobatic back flip he went flying into the air ending this trapeze like act with a swift swing of the paw into the water scooping out one times goldfish, who in turn wriggled madly until he was free and did his own mid-air pirouette and landing “PLOMP” – found himself back in the pond.



Now why did South Africa not send them to the Beijing Olympics? They would have done us proud.

I swear. I live in a frikking circus. I do, however, love my life. The quirks and eccentricities. The craziness never ends and “dull moments” exist only when the merlot has run out, and that just never happened… I like to be different. If there is more to do than just walk a straight line, I am happy to do it. I live for the idiocy, the foolishness, the laughs.. there are a few.

For example, have I ever mentioned Onion? My pet giraffe?
Or what about Terence my imaginary goat, who is actually a fluffy pink boa wearing kudu? And moo-moo? My Canadian Moose?

Aah. Bless. Do come in, sit down and flip through my family album.


This is Terrence, my goat.




I’ve had him the longest of all my pets.
Yes, I know he is not a goat in real life, but I don’t judge him.
He is to be who ever he is to be – I always knew he was “musical”
He can be a bit selfish.
Terrence and I share a birthday which makes him a Piscean.
He has a very dry sense of humour, loves telling lame jokes and has a wonderful humming voice (note I said humming, not singing)
His favourite food is KFC.

Moo-moo is the “shy guy” in our family. Meet Moo-moo. The moose.




He does not talk too much (his friends tease him because he has a thick Canadian accent) and likes keeping to himself mostly.
His nick name is moomsie, which he hates!
Moo-moo is a Sagittarian through and through.
His favourite foods are red apples, waffles drenched in maple syrup and chicken schnitzel (but will refuse any sauce over it – just a wedge of lemon will do).
Moo-moo lists watching DVD’s and reading as two of the best things to do to pass time.
His hobbies are waking up late, sighing and playing the occasional game of golf.

This is Onion.



At home we call him “Onions” we say it fast and in a funny accent and it sounds hilarious! I’m hearing it in my head right now and chuckling.
He is an Aquarian.
He loves long walks in the Serengeti, bird watching, the scarf Aunty Original Cin knitted for him and picnics in the park. (I swear, he has not taken that scarf off since the 28th of February 2009!)
Onion was born in Glenwood / Durban at the “Arts CafĂ©” General Hospital.
Onion does not care for grazing on leaves rather preferring scones and cream with his afternoon tea.
He loves; Rooibos and Earl Grey, pretending to work and overspending.

There :) Now you have met my pets. My crazy loves. Be nice, say hello - but please. Dont feed the animals.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the funniest load of nonsense I’ve read in a long time. thank you thank you thank you. bwa ha ha ha. I like your pets. Cute man!!!

AJohnP said...

You're completely crazy, and have a LOVELY family.
Clearly, that's why I come back here every day. :-)

wozzel said...

thanks Joe - i try :)

Aaah. John. That's the nicest thing anyone has said to me in a long long time :)

Anonymous said...

hahahah what an interesting family tree;)

Edyth Bulbring said...

I love your family.

Marphyllis said...

This is too cute :-)

Ang! said...

My best is that you know all their star signs! :-)