Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

of history, that's mine. some of it.

Today on facebook, an aunt of mine, who lives in England posted an old photograph of a newspaper article cut out. I never knew my dad or his side of the family but since the birth of facebook I’ve found some of them – although communication is very limited. What would we say to each other?

One of the men in the photographs face jumped right out at me! “hmmm… I know those features… blimey! He’s got a face like mine!!!”

Anyway.. Turns out this pic is one of my grandfather and his assistant. He was apparently quite a clever man who worked with the old steam trains and this pic was taken on the day that one, I believe to be named “Lady Mona” did her last rail trip from Port Shepstone to Durban.

That’s all I got. I’ve e-mailed family for more information coz I be like, interested to know more.

So..

“hey hey! nice to see your face for the first time in my life. and might I just say, what a handsome face it is, although the generations have been good to me and I pull it off just a bit better than you – just saying”


#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#
After post edit
#*#*#*#*#*#*#*#

I’ve had a response to my email to my aunt in the UK and she is emailing me the article clipping that can not be seen in the pic. Woot woot.


2 comments:

Breenlantern said...

One's a puffer, the other a poofter...evolution in process. LOL. Very cool.

Nik_TheGreek said...

That's very interesting...