Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Friday, February 4, 2011

dexter

This morning Dexter caught his first bird.

At all of 5 months old, my cat child is a murderer.

The baby pigeon he managed to get his claws into never stood a chance.

There was just so much blood and feathers! I was completely freaked out. I understand that this is what cats do, and I’ve been ok with the geckos, but a bird. It’s just messy.

And so there he was. My beautiful boy, covered in blood and grinning from ear to ear.

I can not cope.

Could not bring myself to take a picture of him covered in blood but here is a nice pretty picture of him.


3 comments:

Nik_TheGreek said...

You've named the cat 'Dexter', what do you expect? That it will not act like another 'Dexter Morgan'? It's in the name...
My old cat used to do the same. Catch some birds and bring it to us. He wanted to show it to us before eating it. He acted all proud and everything, that he's earning the food we were feeding him...

Anonymous said...

such pretty eyes, just like the character he is named after...lol

Unknown said...

It's your cats way of showing his appreciation. He is bringing you a gift, food, to thank you for feeding him. As hard as it is not to you shouldn't scold him. Imagine bringing your Mom a gift and her yelling at you to get it out the house.