Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

got this from Niks blog

Saw this on Niks blog :)

Name: Wozzel

Country: South Africa

Age: 30

How old were you when you first realized you were gay? I knew very early in life. I did not admit it immediately or always understand what was going on, but I knew I was different. But the time I was 16 I knew for sure that I was gay.

Do you have more gay friends or straight friends? I think I have a really nice balance of gay and straight friends. I prefer having more straight friends though. Just less drama I suppose.

Biggest turn on? Blue eyes. Humour. Hairy chest. (that was exactly what Nik said) and my boyfriend is all of those :)

Biggest turn off? People who have no drive. No ambition.

Ever been harassed due to your orientation? No. I’ve been quite lucky in the sense that I’ve never been given a hard time for being gay.

Have you ever been surprised at the reaction of people who know you are gay? People are often surprised when they first find out. I always think it’s quite funny.

What is the worst gay stereotype? Sex. Screaming queens. Will and Grace.

Are you a stereotype? Nope

Ever been to a pride rally? Yes. Cape Town and Johannesburg.

Do you go to gay bars? I refuse to!! I hate gay bars, clubs etc. I just don’t have the energy or time.

How old were you when you first told someone you were gay? 16

Did you plan it? If so, how? No. I was with my best friend and we were talking and I was like “heyyyy – hahaha – I’m gay”

What made you choose that person to tell? Was my best friend. I felt I could trust him. And I could.

How did you feel? I was so glad I finally had someone to talk to. And I loved how he used to tease me. He would always point out at guys and say “oh look, do you think he is cute” and then he would laugh. I loved it. I finally felt relieved of a stress.

Have you ever been snubbed by someone after coming out to them? No

Have you come out to your family? Yes. They have been really great about it.

Why did you come out at that point? I could not pretend anymore, plus I was worried it would come out somewhere else and it would first be a “rumor” and I wanted to be the one who told my family myself.

Are you out at work? Yes

What does being out mean to you? To me, it means living life like a normal person who does not have to hide who they are.

What advice would you give someone wanting to come out? It gets better :)

If you could do it all again, would you do it any differently? If so, how? I would not change a thing. Really.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great insight into you my friend...and I agree, gay bars are the worst.

AJohnP said...

Sorry I missed your birthday!! I've been SO behind in my blogging and blog-reading.
Welcome to your 30s!!! xoxo