Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

smiley face

I love quite time.

In fact, I crave it. I need moments, minutes, hours – sometimes days where I can just be alone. Where the only sound I hear is that of the wind rustling in the leaves of the trees outside my bedroom window. Or just the sound of me walking from the living room to the kitchen and opening the fridge to get some cold water.

I love it.

There have been times I’ve given my boyfriend money and said “goodbye – have fun. Treat yourself to lunch or go have a drink at the pub, but just stay away for 2 hours or so. ok, thank you. love you”

Then there are my walks. These are my favorite. Just me, myself and I – the trees on the side of the road, the cars driving past – the little houses, the big houses. The parks. The shops, the ocean.

I really do try find the beauty, the peace, the humor in all I see.

Last week on one such walk I came across this random smiling face painted over a drain hole covering…

It made me smile, and maybe it will make you too.


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

made me smile :D :D :D :D :D

Nik_TheGreek said...

That's an amazing idea, giving pocket money to your boyfriend to leave you alone for a while. I will so start doing it...
The pic did make me smile. Thanks...
I assume you meant 'quiet' time and not 'quite' time.(oh yes, I can be a spoilsport)

wozzel said...

HAHAHA.

Nik! thanks.

I'm not going to edit it either :)

lol.

ps - i always pay my boyfriend to do things for me when he does not want to. haha. it works for me. lol.

Anonymous said...

I adore my alone time...mine are walks as well....and the smile face brought one to my face...thanx:)

Writer said...

OMG, you must be my long lost gay sibling. LOL

I wish I could spend my life simply walking among trees. :)

wozzel said...

aah. Writer. You can be my long lost gay sibling! Welcome! haha.

I tell you, I would go mad without this time. I have to take it else I might just go mad :)