Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Thursday, July 22, 2010

memory lane

Although I have been incredibly busy at work today I spent a huge chunk of time (merrily) skipping down memory lane. I was looking through photographs I have saved on my computer. And after 3 years here I have quite a bit.

I was mainly looking at old photos of my (ex) best friend and I. Such a sad and silly situation – we had a fall out over a year ago over a really ridiculous thing. In fact, it was probably more like over a year and a half ago.

We were mad together. We spent most of our time at his house. Smoking a joint and dancing in the lounge to Britney Spears. We were Britney mad! MAD I TELL YOU. We had dance moves we would randomly name like “the crazy rabbit” or “the avatar” and then, there was the “robot dance” of which we could not take any credit for coming up with, but it was ours and we danced it best.

I miss the bloody ass so much.

We have very recently started communicating again. Not much. It’s a text message here and an email there. Just random “hello, hope you’re well” – and I’m hoping that soon we will actually meet up for a coffee and a dance. And maybe we will do “the avatar”

And we can gossip about what we have been doing for the last 18 months and I can introduce him to my boyfriend of the last 16 months and we can maybe laugh again and sing again – and then maybe, people will say “oh dammit, there they go again, those mad boys”

And we will smile and wave and refuse to believe a word they are saying because it’s the rest of the world that is mad. Not us.

And I know it will never quite be the same again. But hey – I’m up for trying.

And if you read this. And I know you still read my blog :) drop me an email and invite me for coffee ok?

Thank you. That is all.


8 comments:

Unknown said...

It sounds and looks like from the photo that you two had an incredible friendship. Waste no more time and reconnect. IMHO...You both are beautiful.

wozzel said...

thanks darling. And we are also very stoned in that picture. lol.

Nik_TheGreek said...

lol... amazing photo. I think that everything will be OK.

JonJon said...

If/When you do reconnect, please take video of "the avatar" and post it on here.

Unknown said...

Old friends are keepers. Call him.

wozzel said...

Nik - thanks :)

JonJon - lol, will indeed.

thank Ninnles - nice to see you around :)

wozzel said...

yay! We are meeting up tonight!

Pedders said...

"refuse to believe a word they are saying because it’s the rest of the world that is mad"
I think this is the only sentence that I read today that actually makes sense.
And that's a nice move of yours.
And the World will keep spinning and everything will keep changing... but... hey, some things never change.
cheers