Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Monday, January 10, 2011

when I get there, we will drink apple martinis together again...

I’ve had such an amazing weekend. Unfortunately also sad day. A very dear friend of mine, who has been fighting cancer for the last 6 years passed away yesterday afternoon. When I first got the news I did not believe it. I had to call her husband for confirmation. It just did not seem right. It was not real. Could it be? Could my friend, the machine – the fighter really be gone? I got to work this morning, very sad. You see, this friend of mine used to work here with us. She was our supervisor. So we are a company in mourning. I was not at work on Friday because I had fallen. My back went into spasm and I was confined to a bed in hospital on Thursday evening and all of Friday. What I did not know was that she had come in to the office on Friday for a quick visit. I of course was not here. There was a note left on my desk, it read :

“Wozzie! I was here and you weren’t; now you’re here and I am not! Miss you. Lots of love from me”

I think it is amazing that I have this – but it hurts knowing she is not here anymore. It’s like this was her goodbye to me.

We now need to learn to Rest In Peace in her absence, and I truly pray and hope that she too has now found peace.

11 comments:

JCLL said...

Hey you, Lots of love, light and peace for everybody and pray the same for her husband. She will always be alive in your heart and memories.

Be well

Nik_TheGreek said...

I'm sorry to hear about all that. My condolences to everybody who knew and loved her.
I hope you're doing better after your fall as well.
#hugs

wozzel said...

thanks so much guys. And Nik, thanks, my back is still a bit sore but is getting better :)

Nik_TheGreek said...

I told you that Kama Sutra can be dangerous after a certain age. We are turning 30 soon... You should be more careful.

wozzel said...

:D hahaha!!!! Yip. I have only 2 months left before the big 3 uh OH! :)

Anonymous said...

I believe they never really leave, people we love and who love us stay close even after they pass this realm...hugs my friend....and remember be silent, you will feel her:)

Gail said...

thats very sad, I am sorry.

AJohnP said...

So sorry to hear about your loss, but that's great that you have that note to hold on to!!
As for your imnpending birthday, I barely even remember turning 30, it was so damn long ago. ;-)

wozzel said...

John, dont talk sillyness :-p
you're still a spring chicken :-D

thanks for all the nice words Everyone. They mean a lot. strangely. Funny thing life. Death is something we've been dealing with for the last million years, yet it's something we will never properly accept.

BosGuy said...

What an amazing coincidence - I'm so sorry for your loss. It seems I've been reading a lot of these posts lately.

Ang! said...

Sorry Woz. Sending you love and light xxx