Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Thursday, January 6, 2011

of glass doors... that's all


Had a really nice chat with my boss today. Just mentioned that last year, for whatever reason, I was not really “here”. Not “in the zone” and not really “feeling” it.

Work that is.

And how I got back to work this year thinking that I am going to really just try make it work. Give it a real good bashing.

I went on to say that it’s been crap though and that already in this first week back it feels as if I’m really just hitting glass doors. Every time I’ve tried something new or tried to be proactive (already in 4 days) I’ve just had a tough time getting what I need from other departments, colleagues etc…

He said something I really liked and I’m going to try my best to remember this.

“Keep trying. Keep giving it all you can. Let’s look for the options. There must be options. Can we not take the door down? Perhaps we need to open those glass doors. If we can’t, then maybe we need to paint them so at least you can see them there before you walk into them. What ever you do, don’t give up.”

I like it, because I’m famous for walking into glass doors. So, if we cant take the doors down. Lets open them. And if that still does not work. Paint the door so you can see it before you walk SMACK into it.

Oh. And HAPPY NEW YEAR you’all

5 comments:

Nik_TheGreek said...

Happy New Year!
For how long do you think you can fight with the glass doors?

Gail said...

those are fantastic words - I love it!

Unknown said...

I'm going to get me a big hammer! I'm destructive that way and I like the sound of smashing glass. :) Thanks Woz - never will I let a glass door block my path again.

JCLL said...

I know the feeling. I spent 2 weeks in Amsterdam before the end of the year on training at our Head Office and getting back into teh SA thing here is driving me crazy. At least we ahve year end appraisals next week so I will mention my frustration then.

Good luck and have a FABULOUS year....

Ang! said...

You've got a cool and clever boss Wozz. Happy new year to you too! ;-)