Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Friday, December 3, 2010

“Baby On Board”



Last night as we were driving to dinner my boyfriend pointed out that the car in front of us had a “Baby On Board” sticker and I should drive carefully.

I had not even noticed it.

I never notice these signs on cars and this got me thinking about why people even stick them there.

Seriously. Is it for their own peace of mind? Does this make the car invincible?

Tell me: if you’re driving down the road and you see someone in front of you with a “Baby On Board” sticker do you drive more cautiously?

Why do you (if you do)?

What makes “Baby On Board” any different to “Grown Up ON Board”?

The sticker should simply say “Drive Carefully” that’s the golden rule.

But still… like I said earlier – I would not notice it anyway.

The thing is that we should always be driving carefully. Whether there is a baby in the car or not. I know this is one of those strange random posts but it’s on my mind and it kinda irritates me. The stickers. Not babies. Those are quite cute mostly.

I’m sure there is probably a true story behind the creation of these stickers, but I personally don’t think it makes any difference to anything.

Just a thought.

5 comments:

Marphyllis said...

We should probably be driving carefully no matter who is in the car.
They should however make a sticker with "Hottie on Board"....I've almost had a few small accidents staring at eye candy !

robertga99 said...

It doesn't make any difference at all. I guess the parents think it's just a cute sign.

Anonymous said...

I remember in the late 80's and early 90's seemed you copuldnt go anywhere without seeing these stickers ...but I didnt even know people still used them. But I agree, it shouldnt matter, we should just drive safe all the time:)

Tristan said...

It's actually a police notice (used way back in the UK) for when the vehicle was involved in an accident. It would alert police/ambulance to look for a baby on scene. :-)
now it's just used and people have forgotten the reason...

wozzel said...

oh awesome! that makes perfect sense :) i got caught up in such conversation about this last week because some parents thought i was being insensitive to the "cause" but all i wanted to know was what was behind it all.

Thanks :)