Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

ding dong merrily on high

I see the word "high" has featured in a few posts this week. hehe. HIIIIIGH!

anyway.

Christmas is around the corner and my shopping is done. I’ve bought books for everyone. I’ve actually bought so many books in the last few days I could open a library. My living room has one times big box of books sitting in the middle of it - all by South African authors. It’s the right thing to do :)

I don’t have a big family. In fact, I have tiny family. Suits me (and my pocket) fine, and I also chose not to have a massive circle of friends. So it really is quite easy.

The thing I love about a book is that it can passed on. And I do so suggest that people do this. I make it a rule. I keep very few books unless I know for sure that I’m going to want to read it again. Even then, after reading it twice I will “pay it forward”

The only thing I’m not looking forward to is that I have to work right through. I am off today until Monday, but then back in the office until I go on holiday in Feb / March. Not looking forward to the silence in the office. Then again, maybe I will have time to sit down and write again because I’ve neglected this significant part of my life this year only penning randomness and nothing creative or stimulating.

Anyway – I’m bored of typing now. So before I go do tell me…

How do you all buy gifts, if you do at all?
Do you choose to only buy for the children in the family? (As I see has become a norm in my social circle)
Do you buy for everyone?
Do you balance on the fine line of bankruptcy in order to get the biggest and best for those you buy for?

What will you be doing over the “festive” season?

What ever you’re doing, have fun. Be safe – and happy holidays.


2 comments:

Gail said...

this year I am baking, last year I donated money to the SPCA - OK but i buy the kids presents - oh and of course myself DUH. :)

AJohnP said...

Jim and I buy for one another, and we buy for all our familiy members.
I won't bore you with the details, but we do it in such a way that we generally don't have to spend a fortune, and we get to enjoy watching people open our gifts...and we get plenty of our own!