Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Monday, December 6, 2010

I saw the sign

(for the sake of this here blog post, I shall refer to my boyfriend as Richard. I don’t know why, Richard is a perfectly good name I think)

After an unfortunate argument over a very silly situation I found myself asking myself “do I really want to be in a relationship?”

There is a part of me that is fighting for the freedom of going solo. That “me” of some years back who lived alone, and quite successfully so. I could come and go when I wanted, do the things that only I want to do and not worry about whether I’m using too much Thyme on the roast chicken (because you don’t like it, well I do).

The petty, maybe childish me who does not want to grow up? Who does not want to share. Who is greedy and wants you to stop messing with my hair.

Then there is that even larger part of me that knows I’m so madly and deeply in love. Who knows that I don’t really want to be alone – and not just alone, I just don’t ever want to be with out the one person I know I can always count on. Even when I’ve been a bit of a douche bag.

I was taking a walk to a friends house yesterday morning. We were heading down to the beach and as I walked my 20 minute walk I thrashed it out in my head.

WHAT DO I WANT?!?
Should I pick up my metaphorical skirt, kick off the heels and run for the hills?
“Give me a sign!” I was screaming and shouting in my head.

As I was walking, head down – head in turmoil I came to where I needed to cross the road. I was almost hit by a van! It was a plumbers van, on the way to an important job I would assume at the speed he was driving and then I saw it… I saw the sign.

“With Richard you always have peace of mind”

And I was like, wtf? What kind of plumber’s logo is that? And why does he have the same name as my boyfriend anyway and, is this my sign?

It made perfect sense. So I’ve taken it as that. My sign.

I asked, and I got it.

6 comments:

Tristan said...

oh my goodness. that is creepy. the hair is standing up on the back of my neck...

wozzel said...

Tristan. I almost died a million deaths it was sooo uncanny!!

Nik_TheGreek said...

Wow... That is weird. And it's not like Richard's name is the commonest one (unless it is in SA)...

wozzel said...

true true. His name is not very common at all. So to almost be hit by a VAN with his name on it was too much of a coincidence. haha.

AJohnP said...

What a great story! And I'm glad you didn't get hit. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Ah the universe, she has a way of letting us know what is what...brilliant;)