Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Friday, June 11, 2010

Jean-Luc

Here in Durban there is an old market space known as “The Stables”

Very popular place amongst us Durbanites and touristy type people, The Stables used to be, well, old horse stables now converted into a Market. There are lots of interesting little shoppes. Food stalls and a beer tent :)

There is also one stall filled to the brim with some of the oldest stuff ever. Very antiquey. A year and a half ago the boyfriend and I were rummaging through all the goodies in this little stall when we came across the most horrible little porcelain figurine I had ever laid my eyes on. The boyfriend thought it was most unusual and completely fell in love with it.

Over the last few months every time we go there we see the same figurine sitting there on the shelf. I of course made comment on the fact that it was so ugly no one could possibly want it.

Well… guess what? The boyfriend decided that finally he had enough of seeing it there. He decided, he was going to buy it.

I begged and pleaded that he not buy this thing, as I refer to it, but no, he would not listen. He bought it. He even bargained it from the lady from R10.00 to R5.00 – I personally thought that if anyone wanted to buy it, these people should have just given it away for free.

Anyhoo – said “thing” was bought and placed on the shelf in our room. IN OUR ROOM!! And I see it everyday. It was even named… Jean-Luc.

Pic below. Someone pity me please…




8 comments:

Thoughts from the fish bowl. said...

oh noooooo! pity pity wozzie. that is bloody ugly.

Unknown said...

It's time to dust.

I had a girlfriend that broke everything I owned and lost all my cool clothes even though I did the laundry.

AJohnP said...

I love the new look of the blog...and Jean-Luc is totally hot. He's very 'Miami Vice'. :-)

wozzel said...

Bob, shot a lot dude, i've thought of that, BUT - I've been warned that is Jean-Luc should accidentaly fall... there will be trouble ;)

AJohnP - hehe, oi vei! That is EXACTLY what the boyfriend thinks.. lol - thanks about the new look comment. I'm kinda just playing around with all the ideas available.

Anonymous said...

What is he wearing, a Lone Ranger mask?

Gail said...

so much of sympathy, but more of stifled laughs! :)

wozzel said...

replicant - i think they are meant to be some strange sun glasses, but yeah, it does look like the Lone Rangers mask! haha

Pedders said...

I suppose your eyes melted already, didn't they?

lol