Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Thursday, June 17, 2010

this, that and 4 goldfish

A frightening thing happened yesterday. I had spilt red wine on a pair of beige pyjama pants of my boyfriends and he turned wild. I have never seen him that angry. He had me against the wall with a clenched fist ready to punch me. He did not hit me, but I was sure he would.

Over a drop of wine on his pyjama pants.

I’m still trying to figure it all out and I’m still trying to decide what I’m going to do about it. I guess I’m still in shock. This is the gentlest human being I’ve ever known. Would not hurt a fly. Only, he went berserk over a pair of pants. Not even pants you would wear out. I’ve been the victim of an abusive relationship. There were drugs involved back then, so I know that had a lot to do with it, but this, eish… I don’t know. Anyway – that’s my drama and now it’s out there.

Yesterday was a public holiday in SA. Youth day. I took advantage of the day off to set up the fish tank I bought a few months ago. I was like a little kid cleaning and scrubbing and setting it all up. I even went and bought fish! 4 fish, R100.00 and I can not even eat them. Anyway, I went with goldfish because they are easy and seeing as this is my first attempt at keeping fish I decided they would be the best bet to get into it.

They are just so bloody cute. I even took a picture :)

9 comments:

JCLL said...

I hate to say this, but you need to look at getting out of there. That kind of sudden, drastic personality altering, is not good. And like you say, over pajam pants. Its very difficult to go back from having a clenched fist shoved in your face or ready to strike...Very difficult...

Nik_TheGreek said...

I don't know. I will not be the one to tell you to get out of there or not (yet). I would simply suggest keeping your eyes open to other similar signs. I always believed in second chances but don't make yourself a victim...

wozzel said...

You both have valid points. And like I said, thing is, this is not something I’ve ever seen from him. It really does have me confused. I’ve kinda decided that I will take it as it comes. Another stunt like that – and well, there wont be another chance.

PS - someone say how CUTE MY FISH IS dammit :) hehe.

Nik_TheGreek said...

Your fish is VERY cute... Sorry we had to comment on slightly more important issues first... :-p
I do apologise to your fish... What's their names?

wozzel said...

LOL!

Google
Tiny
Donkey
Sharky

:p

The Closet Fashionista said...

I don't know either of you well enough to comment, but I do know this. If you say you have never seen it before, cool. But if you are saying you have never seen it before and there are those niggling moments when other things have been alarming not involving fists...well...then you have your answer.

The hardest thing is to admit to oneself /be honest with oneself...

We ALWAYS already hvae the answer. The q is what to do with it once we have it.

xxx love xxx

The Closet Fashionista said...

ps I am stealing the butterflies post...xxx

wozzel said...

hello dearest Winky Head. Thanks. I'm quite sure it will all be ok :) In fact, last night, I drove his car into the wall by accident (i'm learning remember, and it was raining) and he did not even raise his voice... i think he has learnt a lesson.

Ps - What butterfly post? I'm lost here. lol.

Juz said...

Yo Woz,
Cute Fish.
Be careful. (With the wine, that is.)