Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Thursday, October 21, 2010

why i've been quiet, and a pic of my cat :)

“you could have had a stroke!”

That was what the Doctor said to me last Monday when I made an appearance in his office after a few dizzy spells and falls. At 29 years of age I have the blood pressure of an 80 year old man.

Thanks insane life style, a pack and a half of smokes a day and way too much red wine.

I guess.

So then I find out that my mom, my aunt and my gran all suffer with really high blood pressure, so some of it is in the family.

I was prescribed medication and went on a tizz. I was so high I swear I spoke to Jesus. By Friday night I had fallen 8 times. Nice.

I fell up stairs,
down stairs – in the lounge, in the garden – I fell while just standing. DOOF! My legs would just give away.

So I was taken off the medication. I had to go back to the Doctor yesterday and my blood pressure was at its highest – new medication was prescribed and voila! – I feel like a new man.

Seriously people. Who knew? Not I – that is for sure. The last 6 months have been terrible for me. Often feeling ill, dizzy spells and falls and no one ever thought it might be something as simple and common (but scarily dangerous) like BP.

I’ve also developed a bad case of what I call “x-box thumb syndrome” – maybe it’s already a world wide term used by everyone – I don’t know – I don’t see how it cant, but dammit my thumbs are sore from all the x-box I’ve been playing.

On the plus side I’m the champion of the ski slopes :)

Ooh. Happy Phuza Thursday!

and another picture of Dexter... haha. My mother says I'm mad. I love this cat crazy!


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Jeeez, take care of yourself, was wondering where you had been. My work day is not the same without reading about your life - don't worry I am not a stalker just find your life a lot more interesting then mine and I am meant to be so lucky cause I left Durban to move to Cape Town
Anyway, glad you feeling better

Nik_TheGreek said...

So, no more smoking and drinking? Start eating healthily and have lots of garlic? You'll start smelling like an old man!
Seriously now. I'm very sorry to hear that woz...
I love your toes picture...

wozzel said...

lol! thanks Nik :) i think i got cute little toes.

like a hobbit. hehe.

Unknown said...

Glad to hear Dr. zhivago (I kid) found a med that works for you. Take good care of yourself.

AJohnP said...

Yikes! I go away on vacation and you fall apart!! ;-)
Seriously though, I'm glad to hear that you're on the mend and feeling a lot better.
And that kitty is getting cuter and cuter every day.

Unknown said...

Scary stuff Woz, take care of yourself would you please? Pretty Please?

wozzel said...

aah, hi John and Ninnles. I always look forward to your comments. Thank you for the concern and messages :) I will be taking much better care of myself from now on.

Ang! said...

Woz...Woz...Woz... *shakes head* ...you need to come live with the previously badly behaved lesbians. We'll have you on the straight and narrow so fast it'll make Dexter's eyes water. He's ueber cute btw!

BosGuy said...

Damn... I'm glad to read you are better. September turned out to be a hellish month for me - I contracted meningitis - so I know how horrible it is when you are not feeling 100%. Please take care.