Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Today is :

Dexter’s first day at home all alone. That’s because my boyfriend got a job! Yay! Ok, so it is only a temporary project, and there are really crappy shifts involved – but after 3 months of being unemployed he really needs this.

As mentioned, I’m not jumping with joy at the arbitery shifts he will have to work – coz like that means I am home alone a lot of evenings, but I’m glad for him. He needs to get out of the house, away from me and the cat and the trained conversation that he has been surrounded by. Now at least he will meet a few new people, do something more than wash laundry and dishes while having his toes attacked by an adventurous kitten and we get a little bit of space.

I’ve always believe that a little space can go a long way – and I will keep busy. I will put in a few more hours of work, when I feel like it. I will visit friends and they will visit me.

I’m just nervous about getting home tonight and seeing the horror that has possibly (probably) unfolded with one little kitty at home running amok!

3 comments:

Nik_TheGreek said...

Congratulations on 'boyfriend'. It might not be his dream job, but at least he will be occupied until he finds the next better one...

So, no more warm cooked food and foot massages for you after work?

wozzel said...

hehe. nik, i was saying to him last night that i guess i'm actually going to have to start doing something at home now. I've become so used to waking up, going to work and coming home to cook. During the day the boyfriend does all the cleaning and laundry and I DO GET LOTS of foot massages.. hehe. So now i need to accept the change. haha. And learn how to use the washing machine.

Gail said...

you are living the dream woz, fur child, rad pad, and a gainfully employed other half, crisis what more can a boy ask for?! :) I am happy for you! PS so? what did your house look like?