Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Thursday, September 30, 2010

of new beginnings... and getting started

I like living where I live. The area I live in and the home I live in. I’ve stayed put in the same area for close to 10 years – it’s just where I like to be and although there was a 2 year gap when I lived on the golf estate (yuck) I ended up going “back to my hood”

I’m a city boy – but don’t like living in the city. I’m on the outskirts of the city. The hem of the skirt – which means I’m close to everything. 5 minutes from the beach, 2 minutes from the city centre.

I live very close to Florida Road – which is well known for all the trendy cafés and restaurants lining the street. Boutique hotels and designer clothing wear, antique shops and artsy fartsy deco shoppes brighten the place.

The thing with city living is that you will end up living in a small place. The place we moved into at the beginning of the month is a loft apartment. It is absolutely frikking gorgeous if I may say so myself and I am very happy there. We were lucky though – because we have a courtyard garden. A nice patio leads out of the living room into a paved courtyard with a nice big garden bed along the side and back. Very cool. Very lucky. Wozzie gets to play in the mud and plant things and watch them grow.

So now I’m learning – which is always fun, how to make the best of the space I have.

So far I’ve cleaned up and bought a small water feature which I’ve put in the corner next to the patio. I’ve put a few plants around it that I’m hoping will fill up the space a bit once they are all a bit more established – and there are 4 little fishies swimming around – much to Dexter’s amusement. I will post more pics as I go along and everything comes together.


7 comments:

Nik_TheGreek said...

yes, more pictures please...

wozzel said...

hehe. i will indeed, as and when i take then :) I'm currently using my incredibily OLD cell phone to take pics.

AJohnP said...

I agree with that Greek fella. I'll be patient, but I want more pictures. :-) That lil' fountain is TOO cute for words. Love it.

wozzel said...

:p
thanks John!

Thoughts from the fish bowl. said...

i like i like

Ang! said...

Looks lovely! Please post more pics of Dexter! We don't have pets, so it's always nice to hear about OPs ;-)

Unknown said...

Cant wait to hear about your weekend. Love getting to work to read your blog