Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Friday, December 4, 2009

geckos. eek!



The thing that freaks me out the most about geckos is their rubbery tails, and their often translucent skin. And also how they have sticky little spongy feet. And they love to hang upside down from ceilings.

They gross me out.

Of course, they always fall on you. When you’re in the tub or in the kitchen opening up another bottle of wine - or while you are reading in bed - because this is obviously their primary function on earth.

To traumatise people.

I’ve heard it all. How they catch the moths and flies and roaches killing them off (which is all good in my books, eat them buggers)

But this does not give them the right to fall on me.

I shall be seeking legal advice in this regard.

The only geckos I like are those pretty ones they make from colourful beads which you can then stick on the wall or garden to pretty things up.

I’m clearly not having a gecko friendly day, but I am still smiling because I think that the bloody gecko hanging out in the bathroom got more of a fright than I did when I got out the shower and first noticed it chilling on the windowsill. His little gecko (sic) eyes almost popped out his little gecko (sic) head.

Bwahahaha!!! Screw you gecko!!!

13 comments:

JCLL said...

Think of a gecko as a good luck charm. They will bring nothing but good fortune into your home...Maybe then you will learn to love them. I love geckos, but once again have to rescue about 3 - 4 a week from the clutches of our CATS!!!

The Closet Fashionista said...

See now geckos I can do! I think they are uber uBani cute! I especially like their little suction-pad-feet, so nifty for shluuuping up walls and stuff. The tail that falls off when they are scared kinda freaks me out, but only cause it keeps moving well after the appendage has been dettached from CNS.

As to the legal advice: WITHOUT PREJUDICE: I don't mean to be too literal but, er... there is a little in limine point we need to discuss and it is called LOCUS-freaking-STANDI ( aka STANDING, the ability to sue and be sued, loosely!) ...I am not sure geckos, being neither natural or juristic persons qualify... ???.

wozzel said...

suction-pad-feet could be useful. i see the benefits. but then they need to work on the suction part of it and NOT fall on me while i'm paging through Heat, sipping a wine in the tub while my feet are rubbed by gorgeous Italian men.

oh wait. that never happens.

The Closet Fashionista said...

I know what you mean, I NEVER read Heat either!

Juz said...

LOL @ Miss Law.

wozzel said...

sigh ;)

Nik_TheGreek said...

lol..

Maybe the gecko wanted a hug... Don't be too harsh... Maybe he wanted you to go and buy HEAT..

Thoughts from the fish bowl. said...

lol
you have a lot of issues with bugs and so? i think miss law may have point though regarding the gecko not being neither natural or juristic person.

peanut butter and jelly said...

I do agree with you about geckos. I'm not fond of them either.

I think I was an Italian in my past life, does that add for anything?

Anonymous said...

i once ate a gecko i was drunk it was a dare

wozzel said...

hehe, Nik, to be honest, the only reason i ever read Heat is coz it's at home.

@ fish - i do.

@ peanut - well, maybe a year ago ;)

Joe - i think you need help! bwahaha. thats just insane dude!

The Closet Fashionista said...

Dude, you are taking some serious heat for your reading material choices. Urgh it's Friday an hour before the last day of work EVER at the NGO ends... a time when punny becomes funny!

wozzel said...

I know. I am. sigh.

oooh. How exciting though for YOUUU!

brand new things on the way :) all the best!

I want to go home now please. I want wine.