Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Friday, December 18, 2009

promise we'll speak at least once a week k?


The first thing I did when I got home last night was pour myself a glass of wine. I love my wine. And my wine glasses. They are beautiful. They are special. Not many people are allowed to touch them.

They are of bucket proportions and I love them dearly.

I was loving my wine glass when the cell phone rang. It was mumsy.

Mother -: sweetie? (I hate that)
Me -: Scharlotte? (she hates that)
Mother -: don’t be so rude. What ever happened to mum? Really now, I am your mother!
Me -: yes. I know. You are. Isn’t it bliss?
Mother -: are you drunk? You are being very rude. You have bad hair.

Now this is a biggie for me dear friends. A biggie. See, I know I have odd hair. It’s falling out, greying and growing in places I would rather it not. So for mumsy to say that just hurts. She know’s what buttons to push.

We spoke for about an hour. We laughed and we cried and made jokes about things. It was a good chat. The reason for this long, good chat was that my mum was calling to let me know she was on her way to her new home. She is moving away from Durban to some little town in the bundu’s a good few hours away from Durban. And I’m quite sad.

No more Saturday morning breakfasts at Beach café.
No more random brunches when she pops past work during the day.
Gone are Wednesday afternoon Merlot sessions at Cubana.

I’m really quite bleak. We have a very special relationship that old bat and I and we are very close. We spend loads of time together in gossip, discussion, debate – with wine.

She is so excited though. Like a little girl who just received the new Malibu Barbie :) so I’m quite pleased for her. And, I guess this just all means I have a new coastal holiday destination.

2 comments:

The Closet Fashionista said...

gush gush gush...I can't resist an adorable Mum-son tale. ;) Happy moving Mummy-Wozzel and JEEEEEEEEEEEEZ your Mum must be super duper uber excited because Malibu Barbie rocks, a lot!

Thoughts from the fish bowl. said...

awwww! thats all i got. so schweet!