Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Thursday, September 23, 2010

baby bop

Seems I’m caught in the middle of a baby boom.
Babies are being born and conceived all the time.
I’m very happy for all these friends and family members of mine and they are all wonderful people. Some are already parents, some are first time parents and I take my hat off to all of them. Must be the toughest job on earth. I know I don’t have the energy or desire to take on that position.

All these babies around me don’t make me broody. I think it is great that some people want to be parents; I’m just not a parent. I’m a good uncle – that is how I would like to keep it.

My friend Ella who has a 5 year old son is also pregnant. This is exciting news because her and her husband have been trying for some time to have a second baby and suffered a miscarriage earlier this year. She is now 4 months in to her pregnancy and we are quite chuffed.

When visiting at her home the other day I asked her son if he was excited about the baby.

“No” was his response.

“No? Why not? It’s exciting to be getting a new baby brother or sister” I said.

“No” he said again “I don’t want a baby brother and I don’t want a baby sister. I want a baby dinosaur”



And he is serious. That is all he wants mommy to have. A baby dinosaur.

Kids. They really do say the strangest things…

Oh, and good luck with pushing out a baby dino Ella.



One more random piece of information. Tomorrow is Heritage day this side of the world. Public Holiday. Yay. LOOONG weekend. So exciting. See you lot on the other side of Sunday!

3 comments:

Nik_TheGreek said...

Have a nice long weekend then! Enjoy

AJohnP said...

I envy your long weekend! Enjoy. :-)

JCLL said...

I cant wait to have a child....