Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

cut and blow

I had my hair cut yesterday. I went to a salon I had not been to before, so naturally I was a little hesitant. You see, I have very mean, spiteful hair that refuses to co-operate with anyone, being temperamental and all, I get nervous when someone new cuts it. I’m always a little worried my hair will say something rude or bite them.

One just never knows with obnoxious hair.

So there I was – seated, and this young lady started cutting my hair and chatting away. Next thing I realise she is flirting with me. I’m terrible at reading signs and can never be sure of these things. She said “you have beautiful curls” and so I said “thank you, now cut them off please” and then she said “you’re quite a good looking young man” and I blushed and said “thank you, my boyfriend also thinks so” and then she was like “oh, you’re gay? All the good guys are gay” and I said “well, there was this one time…” and she laughed, and I laughed…

And I only paid R50.00 – for a haircut. In Mount Edgecombe. That’s unheard of.

I was quite pleased to learn I can use my looks to get what I want (and discounted hair cuts) and so immediately started thinking of all the things I could get and how I can use my looks to do so.

Only then the bubble popped and I came back down to earth. I mean really now, 29 years and I’m only realising this now. Clearly I’m mistaken.

Which just made me feel sad. At least I have good hair today.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Never underestimate the power of good hair!

Gail said...

I have tried for years to get my locks to get free shit ... turns out cleavage has more leverage :)

wozzel said...

lol Ninnles. Hair can save a day!

Gail. You tease. I tell you, if I could get away with it I would most certainly flaunt it... But I dont got it :(

Unknown said...

uhm no worries, you are a cutie.

Dean Grey said...

How much is R50.00 in U.S. dollars?

-Dean

wozzel said...

If my calculations are correct - roughly $400