Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Monday, August 30, 2010

of moving... and how I'm glad it's almost over

I’m exhausted. As mentioned previously, I’m moving home. With my boyfriend being a househusband he has taken upon himself most of the work. We had the keys to our new rental a month ago already, which has been a massive help. The walls have all been scrubbed from top to bottom. The courtyard is clean. The garden beds neatened and I’ve already planted. Shelves have been painted, screws tightened – a few odds and ends repaired here and there. My boyfriend, I tell you, has WOW’ed me! I never knew the handyman he is! I’ve seen him fix a leaking toilet – repair the old kitchen sink plumbing – remove and repair the paneled sliding doors (the joys of renting I guess).

The place is looking amazing.

We were there Saturday and Sunday morning 7:00am untill late – moving boxes and dusting and packing. The move however is not over. Today the furniture is being moved. I have to be at work – well, I had to be. I came in and I batted my eye lashes and voila – the boss lady says I can leave at 12:00 – the movers arrive at 13:00 – so that gives me time to get home! I’m so excited. I just feel that my boy has done so so much already I really want to be there to help with the last of the move. Even though I’ve hired someone to do it for me and they will do all the carrying it is still stressful and I will feel better being there to help where I can.

Plus, I get to have a glass of wine on a Monday afternoon :)

So wish me luck, and hopefully the madness all comes to an end by this afternoon. And then we can break the new bedroom in ;)

5 comments:

Bron said...

Moving into a new place is awesome in that it's a new place and it's all exciting, but it's crappy in that you actually have to move your stuff!!
Hope everything goes smoothly Woz :)

AJohnP said...

PICTURES!!!
Have a great move. :)

LB said...

How exciting is it to move! mmm I wish I could be a househusband! I'd be frivolous... You should post some pix

wozzel said...

aaah! Many thanks for the comments guys. I will upload pics soon. Promise :)

All went well and smoothly :)

Anonymous said...

glad it all went well wozzel