Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

of randomness... because I am

Boi ya ka sha (that’s how I would spell it anyway)


I want to tell you the story of my dear friend who we shall refer to as Nu.

She’s generally very sweet. And she burps. Which is incredibly funny. Especially when we are in a bar, or at Woolies. (The other day she burped inside Tappa’s and someone said “oh my god, are we on the Bluff?)

That was me. hehehe.

Nu is older than me, by I think about 42years? No. Not really. But this post is about age. And most importantly, Nu’s age… She is 42, I am 29.

My dear Nu was telling me just the other evening, while we were sitting outside on the grass drinking Bacardi and coke zero, smoking a joint and eating parmesan, that she wished she had more friends her own age.

“But Nu” I said. “Anything much older than you is dead!”

And we laughed. But not because it was funny. We were high remember?

Anyway – I’m still in a bit of shock after hearing all this. Trade in the younger model for an older model? That’s just absurd. It does not make sense to me. Either way, I’ve devised a plan of action. I’ve come up with a few ideas on how to meet people after 40. (any other suggestions welcome)

Start a book club
Do your shopping on Tuesday’s afternoons. Its pensioner’s day.
Volunteer at TAFTA – drive the bus on Tuesday’s.
Get a “ring” tan. Join a “Divorce Support” group.
Start bird watching.
Start accepting invites to your friends children’s weddings.
Decoupage is the new Pottery class. If you are over 40.



I told Nu that I was disgusted that she would say such things to me.
I’m not straight enough.
I’m not tall enough.
I’m not old enough.

I feel like the kid at the funfair who is not allowed on the rollercoaster because I’m less than 1meter tall (which is just about right).

And we laughed. Because that was funny. And by then we weren’t high anymore. So we smoked another joint and then we were. And we laughed.

I looked up to the moon, which we all know I adore, and it was full, with a milky gold hue around it. I confessed to Nu, that when I was younger, just a wee little Wozzlet, that I really believed there was a man on the moon!

Nu burped and said “when I was younger, there had not even been a man on the moon”

And we laughed. Because that was funny. And we were high.

And then we poured another Bacardi and coke zero. And I went to look for more cheese.



The end.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i could not follow everything 100% becauase i dont no what tappas or bluff are. but you blog is funny and mad!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

It is good to laugh and laugh some more. You make me laugh. I like to laugh. Thanks Wozzel!

Unknown said...

Oh hey, over 42 here so I may be writing this comment from the crypt!
My dear life begins at over 42... woohoo!!

David said...

This is so funny! I love it! Thanks for making me :)