Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Thursday, August 26, 2010

of the Ethekweni Municipality, and why they can eat my #^&@*

I’m not sure what one would experience elsewhere in the world when dealing with electricity connections and transfers, but I know how it goes on this side of the world.

Why – just this morning I was at the Ethkweni Municipality. Tranferring my electricity account from where I live at the mo mo to where I am moving to mo mo (not sure where that comes from – humor me)

Yes. I was there. For 3 hours – makes me smile like this ---> :-)

No. Not really. All the did was piss me off. Like this ::d(-_-)b::

3 hours – and I did not manage to have the connection transferred. I ended up having to go to 3 different Ethekweni offices, I did not even know there were 3 in Durban. This one does not know, so they send me there, then they don’t know, so they send me elsewhere, and they don’t know, and they don’t know, and…. I just walked out and came back to work.

So I move tomorrow and I don’t have power. Lovely.

I’ll try again this afternoon, once I’ve calmed down and I can get hold of some vodka.

11 comments:

Bron said...

I don't think it's any better anywhere else - certianly not in JHB!! Hope you come right though...although there's nothing like an impromptu candle lit dinner to ease away the tensions and get the mood going :D

wozzel said...

hehe. i do like how you think Bron :)

uurgh, just so frustrating.

hope you're well and how is the little one? must be getting big!

happy day to ya.

AJohnP said...

Wow...that sounds insanely frustrating. I'd be right there with you, losing my mind.
I've been lucky in the past when it comes to moving. All I've had to do it make sure the previous tenant had a shut off date arranged, and then all I had to do was make a phone call to make sure they turned it on, and changed it over to my name.
Much simpler than what you had to suffer through. :-(

wozzel said...

hi jon, nice to see you popping in :)

thanks, sounds like transfering electricity is much easier there than here!!! Then again, i knew i was in for some troubles, its classic this side of the world... Government services are not top class here i'm afraid.. well, mostly anyway.

robertga99 said...

That's a Government agency for you! UGH!
I guess that would hold true in any country

Bron said...

Hey Woz,
Little is indeed not so little anyomre. In fact he'll be 3 in 2 weeks time!! Not to mention he will be getting a little sister in November sometime...
All we need now is the white picket fence LOL

wozzel said...

Bron!!! A little sister :) this is such exciting news! wow. It's been a while since I was reading blogs on the other side of the blogesphere!! almost 3 already! wow.

Congrats girl :)

wozzel said...

helloooo Robert! thanx for the comment. So true - so true.

ps - i love your new profile pic!

Anonymous said...

oh wozz! you should prepare yourself before going there. it is never easy.

Thoughts from the fish bowl. said...

haha. last time i had to go to the municipality was a long long long time ago but i still had a horrible experience. i would be surprised to hear a good story about having to go there.

wozzel said...

hello Joe and fishy one :) many thanks for popping by, I know - I know, i should have known better. Do wish me luck as I have to go back tomorrow morning and get this sorted out!!! EEEK!!!