Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Thursday, February 25, 2010

damn you Universe

The universe thinks she is funny eh? Well, she got me pretty good! So by now, I would imagine, everyone, or most of you have heard of “The Secret” right? Well – I have, and ever since reading it I decided I would try that “expect cheques in the mail” affirmation. lol. So for the last 12 months I have been expecting my R30 000.00 cheque in the mail.

Well – good news. I got it! – hahaha – I kinda got it anyway. See, “The Secret” does tell you to be specific right? Right!

So I get home last night, and that DAMNED direct axis, you know the loan company? Well, their stooopid marketing campaign have sent me a cheque for R30 000.00, it’s a specimen copy, of course, telling me that I qualify for a loan of up to R30 000.00 – yeah, what ever!

You are going in the bin…

You were close Madame Universe, but please, try again.

And while we are at it. I’m still waiting for my

• Apple laptop
• Mansion in Constantia
• Fancy car. Any car, so long as it’s fancy really
• Maybe hair that is not thinning and showing it’s first signs of grey?
• The perfect job – hell no, I want R20million remember, so skip that.
• A library full of books
• Super fast internet connection
• A Yacht
• Maybe show me where my cell phone is? Just a thought?
• Smoothie blender
• And a puppy.


Now, no more delaying please. I have things to do, places to go and people to meet :-)



ps - this was my 100th post. So say something nice and supportive :)

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

A yatch? Really?

wozzel said...

shot for pointing out the type Col :)

wozzel said...

make that - typo.

geez, whats with me today.

Beertjie said...

it's probably imagining what you're going to do with all those things you listed that's making you forget how to spell :P

wozzel said...

yes. thats exactly it Al :)

Nik_TheGreek said...

HEY! Congratulations on your 100th Post! Please keep them coming! I really do love reading your blog, so don't stop writing...
From all these, I think only the laptop can be sent to you through post. Oh, wait, maybe the R20million. Maybe showing you where your cell phone is as well.
I'd think that a postman can't bring you a puppy. Can they?

wozzel said...

aaah :) Nik, thanks! i really dig your blog too! it's one of my all time faves :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your 100th post.

I read the secret too. I am still always throwing it out there, but the Universe has a "funny" sense of humour if you don't spell out exactly what you want.

The Closet Fashionista said...

ah Wozzel...if I were a universe fairy I would wave my little pink sparkly star wand and VOILA- everything you want would be yours...keep fingers crossed ps. if the secret doesn't work , call me, i have SANTA's direct number and email addy ;)xxx

A Gay Mormon Boy said...

Congrats on 100.

That's right. Tell Mme. Universe who's boss.

Unknown said...

100 posts! Fabulous achievement! As for the universe, did you act in a way that you already had that 20 million? Did you?

Rambler said...

Congrats on the 100th post...

I also have a long list of stuff i'm waiting for. In fact, FJ even made us make space on a counter for a bar fridge he was convinced we'd win...

nudda

JCLL said...

The secret is just that, a secret... you make your own material wishes come true. "The Universe" is a great expanse of stars and constellations, and thats it!!! Work hard and buy your material stuff, and for everything else, there is prayer. Well thats my way of doing it anyway!

Gail said...

you ROCK! :) nice and supportive enough? Brilliant 100th post to boot! I am waiting for a boy in the mail ....

Pedders said...

Congrats for the 100th post!!

I bought the book thinking it was one more Dan Brown-themed sci-fi action romance. It was not. I got bored reading the first 3 chapters. I got so disappointed =/