Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Things (and people) I just cant wrap my head around

I have a friend who insists on being rude, obnoxious and condescending to me at every opportunity she can find. If I go for drinks with mates, “you have a drinking problem” if I buy a new jean pant “you should have bought the other one” If I’m interested in a guy. She will point out every fault he may or may not have (and makes them up if she can’t find any) and her favorite line is “but you can do so much better” it has taken her about 8 months to get used to my boyfriend. A friend suggested she may have a secret crush on me? shame.
I’ve de-faced her. She is no longer on my “friend list” and I’ve cut her out. Really now people. The best thing I’ve learnt is to say “blow it out your ass!” like a cancer, if it’s there, cut it out. Don’t ever let other people bring you down. Bye bye now.

Nimrod. Yes. The guy from Live Lotto. Can anyone understand a word he is saying? And I’m sure he is also doing some other work for etv, because I can’t understand who ever is announcing the shows either. I’m sure it is him. Maybe he’s the cheapest?

Zuma. Now, I’m the last person to write anything related to politics, but pray tell, how we as South Africans must feel proud of a president who is married to 5 woman, has 20 children and recently in the media because he has a child out of wedlock. This, going hand in hand with our governments anti-aids campaign of One partner, safe sex – blah blah blah. Why I’m even bothering, I don’t know.

Math. I don’t get it. Numbers are not my forte. pi does not = 3.14159265
Pie = something you eat with chips and curry gravy. Finished and klaar.

Airplanes. And how they actually stay in the sky. I’ve read everything there is to read. I still don’t get how that huge piece of metal manages to do it. This is why every time I do fly, I become an alcoholic re-born Christian.

Why I’m not allowed internet access during work hours. It’s just a horrible way of making the day more unbearable for all of us. And I’m sick of here!

Directions. I’m the worse. Don’t ever ask me for any. I will get you lost. I have no sense of direction and it gets me into trouble. All the time. This is why I always live on or near a main road or water.


Ok. That’s all. Back to your knitting.

5 comments:

Thoughts from the fish bowl. said...

Woz, sometimes you have to cut out bad friends, I agree. The whole JZ saga, well, I have enough views on that of my own. I could be here forever writing them out. At the end of it, I think it is a disgrace. Wonder what’s next? Second president fired in two years?

Paige said...

woz, you're not allowed internet access at work? that seems obscene! who do you work for, JZ?

wozzel said...

haha. no - at least Paige :)

Thankfuly, I'm allowed to access google. So all day, all day, i chat away in gmail and blog. thats all i can do. else i have to get to work before 8 in the morning if i want to check out other sites.

Nik_TheGreek said...

Jacob Zuma seems like a nice piece of work. There is a long Corruption Charges list in Wikipedia.
Oh, and π in greek is read as 'pee' not 'pi'. We knew the difference between that and pies. I don't know who started calling it 'pi'...
Not having proper internet access is bad. Have you tried opening links sent to you by email? Does that work? Sometimes, it does...

Pedders said...

I don't get the airplane thingy aswell but I just don't burn the fuse trying to figure it out. 'Does it fly? Grand, let's go'
Math... hmmm, I like equations but I hate geometry SO MUCH.
'Pi' is the sound they make whenever you curse live on TV ^_^
Have a nice day!

p.s.: I wouldn't say your pseudo-friend had a crush on you. I'd say she had some OCD, hmmm =/