Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Friday, February 19, 2010

i had to throw away my fave shoes :(

Hey there shoes.

You look and feel fabulous.
Well, at least you did.
We’ve been through some muddy situations, several incidences of wine and beer spills, a few paint splatters here and there and some sort of tear on your left side where my little toe keeps sticking out.

We’ve climbed over mountains, jumped in puddles, remember that time we ran after the bus the day I was late?

Shoes,
You and I had something special.
I was always so good to you.
I NEVER called you bad names like “scruffy” or “dirty” or “smelly”.
You were far too hip and way to cool for that.
I know some of my friends have been mean.
You’ve heard them say “throw those damned shoes away!”
How that one girl, Nash said you were the ugliest she had seen.
How others said “you should burn them”

You know I would never do that to you.
We’ve been together for 3 years!

But, now, I can see the strain in your sole;
the rips of your base,
clinging to your seams for dear life.
You have no more give.
I’ve simply stretched you to the limit.
I think we need a break from each other.

I need to see other shoes.

Something with a comfy rest and plenty of tread, in a brown?
Maybe black?
But don’t worry, favorite shoes.
This isn’t goodbye.
I’ll keep you safe in a box at the bottom of the cupboard.

I think our relationship can handle it.
You’ll always be perfect.

Perfect, perfect shoes.

Love you madly, Wozzel

Ps, shoes, may I please borrow your laces? I’m in this odd tying things up phase. Let me know?

3 comments:

The Closet Fashionista said...

This is tragic... on so many levels :) xxx Welcome back the Wozzel! xxx

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are keeping the shoes. I think your shoes tell a story about the person wearing them. So like any classic novel you've reread a 100 times take comfort in knowing they are lying tucked away in a box and that sometimes stumbling across them will jolt some happy memories of old adventures. And the new ones, well they are like the blank pages of a book just waiting to be filled. Sho! I am deep tonight!

Juz said...

love this post.
:)