Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Gemmie the cat

I have spent quite a bit of time observing Gemmie the cat. I call him Gemsbok. My roommate (who’s cat it is) calls him Goud Gat. hehe. He really does amuse me. Last night he got his claws into my monkey and we watched as he jumped and somersaulted, doing back flips and other interesting acrobatic moves, throwing him in the air and pouncing – gotcha!

Yes, I said monkey. Did you laugh at that?

I have a monkey. Really. A teddy monkey :)

Gemmie has a lekker life. He must be one of the most pampered cats I’ve ever met. He eats well, gets spoilt rotten and his best? Being brushed with the comb. He will sit there as still as a statue, purring in pure glee as his coat is brushed. Once you flip him over to do his belly he starts playing with you, clawing at your hands and arms. I have the scars to prove it.

The only rule is that Gemmie is not allowed in my room. Not because I don’t like him. I just don’t like cat hair on my bed or pillows. You would think this is easy enough? I think he is very aware of this rule and at any opportunity will try his best to dart in when the door is opened.

Silly funny kitty.

He does not have a favourite couch at home. He loves them all. Once he finds a spot he curls up as cats do, and takes a nap. He will wake up an hour or so later, take a slow walk through to the kitchen as not to tire himself out and have a munch on some of his food, a quick licky water and then back down the passage, pausing for a minute to have a look around before finding a window to jump through into the world outside. Once there he looks around – finds a spot in the sun, or the shade if it’s too warm where he takes a nap. By now he has tired himself out with all that sleeping, walking and eating. He’ll wake up after an hour or so, find a private place to take a wee-wee and poo-poo before jumping through the window, making his way from the lounge to the kitchen where he finds his food, has a quick bite to eat, a licky water, and then back to the lounge to find a soft warm couch to settle on for a nap.

I could so be a cat.

Especially Gemmie the cat.


No comments: