Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

get over it

When I got back to work on the 5th of January 2010 I made a decision.
I never knew how life changing it would be.
Well, in the very least, month changing.
We are only in march.
I will get back to you on how the rest of the year goes.

I decide that I was not going to let Monday get to me anymore. I was not going to argue, fight, spit or claw at Mondays face one minute longer. Who wants to start their week like that anyway? Not I. That is for sure.

I figured – Monday, as mean and rude as it is, is the one day in the week that I find generally goes pretty quickly. Before you know it, it’s over and you’re settling in for the evening and then, its Tuesday morning, Monday is nothing but a distant memory.

This has worked for me thus far. I find I have more issues with Wednesday these days. It’s my hump day. It’s when I start counting the days until Friday, who happens to be my favourite off all the Day clan. Hello Friday my old friend… it is so nice to see you again, is usually the tune I sing.

However, Monday is still mean to my partner. And on Mondays I don’t like him very much. My partner that is. Not Monday.

I dread Mondays now because I know that when I wake up on Monday morning I am going to have a moaning myrtle waking next to me. And he will huff, he will puff, he will bitch and moan – and I just ignore it. I know that when I get home I’m going to have a moody boyfriend. He will sit quietly on his chair, drinking an ice-cold cooldrink (he’s not much of a drinker, so I’m having a beer while he has a fanta or something) and he will stare out the door at the sky, or absently at the television, the odd grunt when the news is on an Julias Malema is the topic of conversation. I know that Monday’s presence will so severely affect his mood that I shant even anticipate that my arriving home will bring a smile to his face. I know this. It is my card in life and I’m ok with it.

To be honest with you and to kind of echo what I’ve already said, I just do not have the energy to let it get to me. Life is so short. The days going so quickly and I would much rather try my best to enjoy what there is than to wish it away.

Else, I could continue making an issue of it, I could wish the days away and then I’m going to wake up one day, 40 years old, fat and balding – and lying on the couch saying…

“what.. what… where am I? what just happened”

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Good for you Woz! Monday has a bad rep but is it Monday's fault it was created after a weekend. No, can't blame Monday. Next Monday, I want you to wake up loving Monday. Monday the 8th March I going to declare to be I love Monday Monday. You with me?

Nik_TheGreek said...

The whole talk of 'going to wake up, one day, 40 years old, fat and balding' is all caused by your upcoming birthday next week.
I'm not saying I don't agree with you though...

JCLL said...

so when you talk about waking up 40, fat and balding, are you reffering to next week?

JOKES!!!!!!!

You look fabulous!!!!!!!!

wozzel said...

Heya Ninnles - I'm so with you!!!

Nik - I know. I know. It's all this impending birthday stuff on the way.

JCLL - ya know it ;) haha. joking :)

We are ALL Fabulllouuussss!

Paige said...

you're a bigger person than me. can't quite see my way to changing my monday attitude (monditude). but will work on it.

Unknown said...

Good for you, that is a good attitude.

Don't let Monday's bring you down, since Monday's only mean that Wednesday Hump Day is coming and Friday Drinky Drinky Day is getting closer. TA DAAAA

I hearz its your birthday next week!
Celebrate! woo hoo

wozzel said...

Hehe, naah, my birthday is only on the 14th :) but you are close, and I don’t celebrate birthday week anyway….

I celebrate birthday MONTH!!! Woot woot for me! lol

AJohnP said...

with my new work schedule, I have every other Monday off, so my outlook on Monday has GREATLY improved. :-)
Good for you though, staying positive.
Make every day count!!!

Pedders said...

"I’m going to wake up one day, 40 years old, fat and balding – and lying on the couch saying…"

And this is why your blog readers will not allow you to burn the fuse with mondays nor moody BFs and that's why we're all here.

I love my Monday moody BF - he reminds me of a complaining teddy bear and I can't help it but to find him cute and cuddle him (be afraid, I know).

Anyway, tomorrow's Wed - good luck for you and for me because I know it'll be bad.

Keep smiling though, it always helps.