Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

a mystery

“Do you know what a mystery is?” she asked me. I could tell by the all knowing look on her 5 year old face that she knew exactly what a mystery was.

I said, playing along “why no. I don’t know what a mystery is. Do tell”

“A mystery” she explained matter of factly, “is a small box with ribbon in it. And when Aunty Vanessa put it in to the CD box, it played music! Music I’ve never heard of before. It is a mystery!”

And then I felt very – very old. This child does not know what a tape cassette is. She has only ever known CD’s – DVD’s – Cell Phones, the internet.

All these little things that we did not have as kids.

I only saw a cell phone in real life, for the first time, when I was 14.
I had seen one on TV before. Actually, it was Hope’s cell phone, Hope from Days of Our Lives, who’s was the first I had ever seen. I remember it was the size of a small car and it was white.

Evolution?

3 comments:

peanut butter and jelly said...

my neice can not fathom that when i was a kid, we had no TV!

Thoughts from the fish bowl. said...

Kids say the darndest things. What ever happened to that show?

Unknown said...

It's crazy how far technology has come in the last 20 years, can you imagine the next 20? I can't.