Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Thursday, March 4, 2010

the night i wish never happened

Last night was ridiculous.

I’m trying to think how to put this all.

Firstly, wow. What a beautiful stadium we have here in Durban. Really, it is something to admire. MASSIVE building, just massive.

We bought a round of drinks, found our seats and the vibe was pumping. The vuvuzelas were loud. We clapped and jumped and cheered, as planned. Even though, we ended up losing.

Things got ugly though.
For me.

I went to go buy the second round of drinks and got lost. I walked and walked and searched and searched but I could not find my boyfriend or our friends. I had my cell phone on me, but no one else had theirs. We did not take the car so I could not go wait there. The best I could think of was standing by the entrance until someone found me.

Now you must understand, I’m a small guy, I get really nervous when I’m in big crowds, and especially when I’m lost. I was pretty much in tears.

Eventually – what felt like hours later, my cell phone rang and it was my boyfriend. He had gone home to get his phone to call me. Of course he was completely stressed out not knowing what had become of me, I had by then drank the second round of 4 beers while waiting for someone to save me and was kind of out of it, sitting on the steps of the stadium – completely distraught.

By the time my boyfriend arrived his worry had turned to frustration and then into some kind of anger I can only describe as a little over the top. He was angry. I was cold and tired. He shouted – I shouted. I cried. He drove.

And then it was Thursday morning and if I could come up with a good enough excuse, I would go home, close all the curtains, curl up in bed and cry the day away.

I’ve been there, done that. I never want to go there again. Ever.

11 comments:

Nik_TheGreek said...

Goeie more,
sorry to hear about the way your night ended yesterday. I'm pretty confident though that everything will be fine. It's just a fight and nothing else. You'll be fine.
Think that make-up sex is very good

Paige said...

Aw woz!

wozzel said...

hey Nik - i wish it were that simple :(

Paige - yes. Aw. but more an awwww.

sigheth.

Unknown said...

It'll be ok. You know why? Because you love each other. I've never met either of you - but people who don't care about each other well, they don't care about each other. From this story you both more than care.

Beertjie said...

aw man, crapola:(

you'll sort this out, surely he can't be blaming you for having got lost?

wozzel said...

Alwill, I hope it’s all ok hey. haha. the more I think of it, the more I realise that he is silly for being so angry. But in a way, I also understand. But jirre – that stadium is massive, it is so easy to get lost there.

defo crapola!

Beertjie said...

well once during a fight I hit my bf over the head with his dashboard buddha, we did make up the next day, so I'm sure you'll be fine!

wozzel said...

Hahaha! oh dear.
Yeah, I’m sure it will. We hardly ever fight and are usually able to get over these types of things very easily. I’m told, by friends, that it’s quite unusual how he and I are and deal with issues :) thanks Alwill :)

The Closet Fashionista said...

THEY FOUND YOU...oh they found you! YAY! It's no fun when you're a very small wozzel and the world is so very big and you are lost in it!...haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sorry WOzzel, but haahhaahhahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahhahahahahah (sympathetic laughing, I promise ;)xxx

Gail said...

its a hard knock life being a wozzel really. :( deepest sympathies and hope you feel more cheerful soon enough!

Pedders said...

Poor you!
I hate crowds, I kind of panic!
I hope everything gets sorted out, and it surely will ;)