Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Friday, March 5, 2010

the remote - she is dead

So the DVD’s remote is dead. Bloody arse. About 2 weeks ago it stopped working. I ran to the shops to go buy new batteries (got a bottle of red while I was there) and voila, it worked. One week later, it dies again. I put it down to cheap batteries and then last night I go and spend R70 on new batteries (only 2 small batteries? Day light robbery!) (and about R48.00 on a bottle of red) only to get home to find that the remote is indeed dead. Now this is most frustrating because I can not really use the DVD player without the remote. I can put a CD in, and it will load and play, but there are no “skip” buttons on the actual DVD player. Therefore, if I put a CD in, I have to listen to the entire thing, whether or not I would prefer skipping to another song. This just irritates me. I could not cope. I opened the wine.

Now what I know about remote controls is scary. And I don’t know what I thought I would achieve, but I decided to take it apart and have a look. Those Chinese bastards who put this thing together think they are funny? Now not only do I have a broken remote, it’s in two pieces and I don’t know how to put it back together.

Now there shall be no judging of the Wozzel for his lack of technology expertise! I will have you know I can change a light bulb, connect a plug to a chord and I even once assisted with servicing a gear box on the ex’s car. I did. I even had cuts on my hands and grease in my hair and everything. lol.

Now I need to go shopping (shudder) again, and this time for a new remote.

5 comments:

JCLL said...

You should really just get a case of wine...

Nik_TheGreek said...

Did you manage to get cuts in your hands and grease in your hair to open the remote control as well?
In a more serious matter, what happened to yesterday's fight? All well now?

wozzel said...

hey Nik. In day 2 of silent treatment. So nope, not sorted out yet. haha. He's not talking to me. So I will just have to wait and see. Untill then, I'm just carrying on as usual on my side :)

Pedders said...

Maybe it's just the condenser or the microship. It could be the IR led aswell, they break quite easily and it's really easy to change. Sorry for my nerdish, apart from graphic design I also know some things about electronics.
Apart from it, good luck with your BF.

Nik_TheGreek said...

Sorry to hear about the silent treatment you've been getting... I do hope everything will be alright soon.