Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

500 words. One day to go.

I write this blog for many reasons. To mention but a few - entertain myself and the readers I have. To diarise the life of a Wozzel (me, in case.. you know, coz sometimes one must draw a picture) To silence myself, to keep a promise or two, and lastly, narcissism.

The main reason I write this blog is because, well, I like to write.

I did not study the art of writing, maybe in a parallel universe, sticking your index finger in my right eye, tilting my head slightly off to the left and squinting, I would have liked to be a journalist.

But I’m not.

I’ve been lucky yes. I’ve written poetry that found its way into published books. I’ve written a few articles I randomly put together to vent frustration that have been published.

Most recently I wrote something that was published on a business news website. The company I work for came across it and actually commended me on it. I kinda got a standing ovation which blew me away.

I was pleased.

This morning I was approached by our big honchos and marketing department and asked if I would write a press release / article for a leading financial magazine highlighting our company’s latest changes, business partners joining and our product enhancements.

This morning. With a dead line – Thursday, 500 words.

I’ve never had a dead line in my life. Well, not like this.

I’m excited. C’mon, it’s a nice challenge and really cool to be asked to do this. “They like me, the really – really like me” I wanted to sing and shout. Only, I need to remain modest. lol.

Only now I’m as nervous as hell. I’ve got a day and a half to get this done.

dum dum dum…

so do excuse me if I’m quiet for a bit?

No comments: