Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

first draft in


I have just handed in the first draft of my first ever article for publication in a magazine.

To be honest, I’m crapping myself. I’m nervous.

Why?

Is it that I do not have faith in my abilities?
My talent?

Quite the opposite actually.

I’m quite comfortable with the written word. I love the written word. That article is my baby and I’ve just given birth to it and I just don’t want anyone to say “oh my, what an ugly baby”

Who says that anyway? We always say “what a cute baby” even if its not cute, but I don’t want that either.

I don’t know what I want right now.

I kind of just want it to be over and for them to say “Bravo – bravo” and I can get back to my normal work because right now I’m breaking out in hives!

4 comments:

Juz said...

Congrats!
I remember when I my first ad got published. I bought the newspaper to take a look at it, and even though it was a silly retail ad that could be referred to as an ugly baby, I felt parental pride.
Where can we read your article?
Juz

wozzel said...

hey Juz,
shot-a-lot dude. Yeah, I'm feeling quite proud of it myself. I will probably buy the mag too :) It's quite a boring one too, lol, a financial planning journal. I will post once it's published.

Anonymous said...

well done!

Thoughts from the fish bowl. said...

awesome man. financial magazine sounds boring though. haha.