Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

watching clouds dance


The clouds danced for me last night.
I turned off all the lights, I turned off the TV.

I lay on the floor – on my back, watching them.
Only these did not change shape.

They did not turn into elephants crossing the Serengeti.
No whales swimming in the ocean.
I did not see them change into puppies, or ice-cream cones.

They came to life –
Vivid bright life as lightning waltzed and jived and tangoed -

They did the flamango! The lightning and the clouds.

I never knew the two danced so well together.
Such extremes – so do opposites attract?

It was like I was in a marine world,
Watching safely from behind the glass.
A curios child, scared to get too close,
And oh so eager to be right up front,
Right inside…

I also want to dance in the clouds.

2 comments:

JCLL said...

One of the things I miss the most about Joburg are the electric storms on a summers evening...In Cape Town we never get them...it sucks

Anonymous said...

beautiful style.