Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Monday, November 30, 2009

twenty ten


With all the hype surrounding the 2010 soccer, there has come with it all the new development in Durban (yes, I know, we are not immune, everywhere is being prettied up). Roads being widened, the beachfront is currently having a facelift, liposuction and tummy tuck and as lovely as it all looks, quite frankly, it is ruining my life (stunning stadium though).

It used to take me 15 minutes to get to work.
It now takes me 30.

Once upon a time it took between 15 – 20 minutes to get home from work, now it takes 45 minutes to an hour.

Yes. Ok. I hear you Gautengers snickering there thinking I don’t know anything about having to do long distance driving to work.

But I don’t care.
You lot are used to the travelling.
I’m not.

The beach. Oh how I do love thee beach. Only now it’s a nightmare going down because it’s all dug up. Roads are closed off and its just chaos.

I know. It will eventually be finished.

But then? What about next year? At times when the spot light is on Durban. I don’t even want to think about what traffic is going to be like. How busy everywhere will be.

I’m positive about the world cup though. It’s all nice and wonderful for us and blah blah blah.

I think I might go find a hut in the sticks and just hibernate for a few months.

3 comments:

JCLL said...

I dont think the World Cup is all that.... I think we are spending all these billions on the WC for only 5 weeks, when we could have used that money to build houses, educate the nation and build our own future....I still need convincing that it is a long lasting good thing!!!

Thoughts from the fish bowl. said...

I think it will be a madhouse everywhere. And as quick as it will arrive, it will go away. Yes. It is a beautiful stadium. Did you go watch the first game they held there on the weekend?

wozzel said...

You might be right fishy. I’m not so sure what I think about the long term of it all. I want to believe that it will act in favour for the country, but I also cant help thinking that it was only a waste of time and money. Why could stadiums already built be renovated is something I always ask myself. Nope, lol, I did not go watch the game but I DID hear all the noise. I’m very, very close to the MM Stadium.

JCLL – 100% dude, it’s going to take some time for us to see how this all works out.