Keep watching - I might just do a trick!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

christmas - it's only November

Those horrid “let’s all get excited and jump up and down and sing songs and light incense because Christmas is coming and is like only 10 weeks away” e-mails have begun.

It’s the migration of the Christmas email.
The return.

It’s Christmas – take 2009 and no matter HOW much you hope, pray, dance and sing, Santa DOES NOT look like this.

Sorry kids.




I for one can not cope.

I see some of the shopping centres are already decking their halls with bows of holly.

Tra la la la la la la la la!

Yesterday my mum sent me an e-mail asking if I had plans for Christmas lunch. (I don’t know what my plans are for lunch today! Never mind 1 months time)
My brother called to ask the same.
While chatting to my cousin, she too asked “what you up to for Christmas?”

Bugger off.
I don’t know yet.
I will let you know, like on the 23rd of December.
Or there abouts.

But..
I’ve promised (I actually had to promise) not to be mean and ugly and all grinch like this year (I’ve just failed. Dammit)
I’ve committed to embracing Christmas and have even agreed to put up a tree.

I will however not embrace Boney M.
I will not embrace eggnog.
I won’t embrace funny men in red suits and caps with fake beards.
I shant.
Nor WILL I EMBRACE or take part in any of this forwarding of Christmas cheer e-mail nonsense.

All this does really (other than irritate me) is make the time fly by even faster than it already is, and do we really need that?

I have been known to be a little on the off side and one of my alter egos will more than likely post something along the lines of excitement and joy and “spirit” (insert squeaky voice) and what I want, my “wish list” and all that jazz next week.

Oh well.


Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: